Join me on my adventure to New York City!
Some Of My Favorite Moments in NYC:
1. New Years Eve in Times Square!
– I will never forget the moment I looked up to see all the colorful confetti floating in mid air to Louis Armstrong’s “What a Wonderful World.” I will also never forget waiting outside our restaurant in the freezing cold for over an hour. Unfortunately there were no public bathrooms accessible to us. Now I won’t mention any names, but one of us REALLY needed to use the bathroom so we were forced to improvise with a cup. All I remember was “OMG Jacquie! The cup is overflowing WHAT DO I DO WHAT DO I DO?” HAHAHAHA. Needless to say, there were a LOT of bodily fluids…everywhere.
2. Making a wish in the fountain at the Rockefeller Centre & Skating for the first time!
– I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to throw stuff into that fountain, but we got away with it. Rebels, you know how I do.
3. SUZANNA’S PIZZERIA FOR THE FIRST TIME!
– Casual conversations about cream pies (which I now know what that is, thank you very much…) and lots of laughter. Not to mention our cute little waiter Eduardooo. World, please start selling pocket-sized Eduardo’s. He’s so full of life it’s incredibly inspiring.
4. MOTOWN THE MUSICAL!
– I cried when ‘Diana Ross’ made us grab the person’s hand beside us and wave it like we just don’t care to her song “Reach Out And Touch.” Ahh, so beautiful. Also, mini Michael Jackson is the cutest little thing.
5. Swing 46
– Watching everyone on stage having fun and dancing to amazing music and then seeing a reflection of my pathetic self wishing I was out there dancing like the fool I am. Regrets. A lot of regrets… everywhere. It burns.
6. John Reid dancing
I am so in love with this magical city. There’s something beautiful and lively about the atmosphere here. You can’t help but feel alive.
I feel incredibly blessed to have been given the opportunity to share this experience with 23 other amazing individuals.
Original on Youtube